Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stila Prime Pot Review: Source not my own

Beauty VIP of the Week: Stila Prime Pot Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer

I’m a big fan of eye primers, basically anything that will help keep color or product on my eyes is good in my book. My lids are super oily so I’m of the opinion that if I am able to get decent wear time on my lips with something, it will most likely be amazing on someone else. I put Stila’s Prime Pot Waterproof Eye Shadow Primer to the test and it quickly became my good friend; it is this week’s VIP.
These Prime Pots made their debut at Spring 2011 Fashion Week as Stila’s Pro Artists reached for something that would hold up under the bright lights and long hours of Fashion Week. These Prime Pots were designed to be a lightweight and waterproof primer available in two shades; Taffy and Caramel, and retail for $20 each.
The first time I tried this primer, I was afraid the lightest shade would be too dark on my lids but after applying it, my fears were laid to rest. The shade is great to neutralize my lids since I have a lot of discoloration on them, it appears dark on my hand but on the eye is it not as dark as it seems and is buildable if you need more of the product/coverage.

I have really been smitten with my Prime Pot wears. It does not appear chalky or dewy on the lids, it just looks perfect. The formula has a cream consistency to it but it is not thick and blends really well. All I need is a light dab of my ring finger in the pot and my whole lid is covered, it was surprising at first to see how much of the product I really needed.
On my kryptonite lids, I start to see signs of creasing around the 8 hour mark but it is minimal and easily fixed. I take this to mean it will last much longer on others since my lids tend to get super oily, other long wearing products start creasing on me much earlier. I’ve found I get a little bit more wear out of the formula if I give it something to cling to though. I’ve been dusting a bit of Stila’s All Over Shimmer Powder in Kitten over the Prime Pot and the result is so pretty. It gives my eyes a soft, sheer sheen that made my eyes look luminous. It is such a pretty look for summer and it has me hooked.
Stay tuned to Product Girl’s Facebook page (and like us while you’re there) and Twitter, I’ll be doing some giveaways there and you can win some Prime Pots of your very own!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.product-girl.com/archives/stila-prime-pot-waterproof-eye-shadow-primer/

No comments:

Post a Comment