Tuesday, June 28, 2011

http://le-beau-ideal.blogspot.com/2011/03/versus-tf-glitter-glue-vs-fyrinnae.html

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Versus; TF Glitter Glue vs Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy vs LA Splash Eyeshadow Sealer


As you can clearly tell, I am a glitter fiend. I actually have to try to NOT use glitter in my looks because I am obsessed with it. Whether it's glitter liners, loose glitter, eyeshadows with glitter; I love it all.

The problem with glitter, no matter the form, is that not only can it be difficult to apply, but staying power is hard to maintain. Before I purchased the items I'm showing you today, I would try to use glitter with a wet brush over a sticky/creamy base. While it worked, the new products out in todays makeup line are a god send. 

Up to bat: Too Faced Glitter Glue, Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy & LA Splash Eyeshadow Sealer


Too Faced Glitter Glue; Squeeze tube that retails $18 (Ulta, Sephora, Too Faced Online.) Has a creamy, thick consistency.
Details from the website: An extension of our best-selling Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer, Glitter Glue was specifically formulated to lock-down glitter and enhances its reflective quality. Our colorless cream formula is designed to grab and hold loose glitter, pigments and shimmers in place, insuring they wont come off until you take them off.

Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy; Tube with applicator wand that retails $7 (Fyrinnae.com) Has a semi-thick consistency.
Details from the website: A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling. 

L.A. Splash Eyeshadow Sealer; Tube with applicator wand that retails $6.99 (Ulta, LASplashCosmetics.com) Has a thin, almost watery consistency.
Details from the website: Splash Proof Sealer/Base intensifies color and provides extra protection against smears and smudges for flawless 12 hour wear.

The results;




Too Faced Glitter Glue - Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy - LA Splash Eyeshadow Sealer

After the initial application, Pixie Epoxy was the one I liked best. It seemed to make the glitter look even more intense. But I had to do one last test before resorting on my winner. So I took a kleenex & wiped it over my hand a few times, to try & remove the glitter.





The winner; Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy!

Made the glitter more vibrant & had the best hold before & after my attempts to wipe it off. Plus, it's relatively inexpensive & easy to use. While a squeeze tube is ideal for me, I don't mind the wand at all. I just grab a little with a flat brush right off the wand & gently pat it onto the lid/area I want glitter. Don't wait too long after application though, because it dries fast, but you will LOVE the results

No comments:

Post a Comment