Tuesday, June 28, 2011

not my own....

Hard Candy Glow All the Way Doll Face Luminizer Review and Swatches

By Erin On March 24, 2011 · 2 Comments
Do you remember Hard Candy? I do! My middle school days were filled painting my nails with those little jars topped with plastic rings. I think it was the “thing” to collect them back then too. Unfortunately, the brand disappeared in the 2000′s and was reborn again under a different company. Now, exclusively at Walmart, you can by their signature polishes and a wide range of cosmetic products.
While slummin’ the aisles of the Mart the other day, I saw this little beauty amongst Hard Candy’s facial products.
Sorry for the horrible picture. Best one of the bunch if you can believe it!
“Infused with 24 karat gold” this luminizer claims to give you a “million dollar glow” with this pearlescent shimmer. I was intrigued as the package was huge (76.5g/2.7 oz) and it was only $8… so into the cart with the screaming baby it went.

Packaging

The pink pearlescent shine of the packaging is pretty and matches the product inside. The tube feels like its made of decent plastic and could definitely take a beating with out leaking any product. The lid and applicator are solid plastic while the tube itself is easy to squeeze.
The opening is nice too. Its too big, so you can get only a little out if you need to, but its not too small.
If you need a bunch all at once, say to cover your chest or shoulders to give them some shine, you can push a ton luminizer out with no trouble at all. Overall, the packaging is nice, effective and super shiny! Its not overly design but it lacks a little in the cuteness department (compared to some of the other products Hard Candy puts out, this is one of the plainest).
Packaging Rating
Miserable • Bad • Nothing Special • Okay • Pretty Good • Fabulous!

Formula

At first, I didn’t really know what to do with this product. It is SUPER sparkly. Think fairy dust explosion, disco dresses, a swimming pool filled with glitter, THAT sparkly. Since the amount of shimmer is so intense, its best used on your body or mixed with something else. My favorite way to use it was to mix it with some liquid foundation and then apply it all on my face with my fingers. The glow you get is magical! I loved it! Unfortunately, doing this every day for a week made me break out. So keep that in mind if you want to try that trick… or just don’t use it every day. :)
The Glow All the Way Luminizer goes on kinda thick, so a little goes a long way. Luckily it blends out nicely, but is still very very shimmery. If you want a subtle glow, use the tiniest amount and then add more. If you use to much, on say your cheek bones as a highlighter, your face will look like an overly bedazzled jean jacket. And that’s not cute.
The shimmer itself is pink and gold and should flattering on most skin tones. It comes out quite light but blended out, it should work ok as a face/body highlight for darker/tanner beauties. It is better suited for people with cooler undertones to their skin though and if you are in the market for a body/face highlighter and you have darker skin or warmer undertones, maybe try their Glamazon Bronze Face and Body Luminizer.
Overall, I like the formula. Its creamy, blends out well and gives my skin a beautiful pink & gold glow… But only if you use a little or mix it with another product. It is very sparkly & shimmery and isn’t all that flattering if you apply too much to your face or body… unless you’re going to a discotec. For some, this would make it unwearable, but I can make it work.
Formula Rating
Miserable • Bad • Nothing Special • Okay/Pretty Good • Fabulous!

Swatches

Overall Thoughts

As a body luminizer, this is a wonderful product. It lasts a long time on the skin and really makes it glow. As a facial luminizer, its a bit much as it’s SUPER glittery and sparkly shimmer can be a bit much. I like mixing it with lotion when appling it to my body and with liquid foundation for a gorgeous glow. It can make skin breakout, however, so while I do like it, there are better highlighters/luminizers out there. Its relatively inexpensive and you get a lot of product for the price. Its very pigmented and a little goes a long way so I don’t see myself buying it in the near future again. It will last me a while! When I do run out, I’ll probably pick up another tube if there’s a Walmart around.
Overall Rating
Miserable • Bad Nothing Special • Okay/Pretty Good • Fabulous!
Price: $8.00
Where to Buy: Sold exclusively at Walmart








http://erinmikesell.com/theprettyexclusive/2011/03/hard-candy-glow-doll-face-luminizer-review-swatches/

No comments:

Post a Comment