Friday, June 24, 2011

not my own(http://www.beauty-reflections.com/)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Orange Love Affair: MAC Electric Coral Pigment

I have a love/hate relationship with MAC pigments. Love the colours, hate the mess. I do own quite a few, and one that I pull out in the summer is a real beauty of a pigment: MAC Electric Coral.

Photobucket

I fell in love with this pigment at the MAC Pro Store in Vancouver as soon as they showed it to me. I mean look at it-it's GORGEOUS!! It's a vibrant red coral orange with just a touch of shimmer. It goes on smoothly and you can adjust the intensity of it quite easily. It's beautiful blended into the crease over bronzey shades, and looks absolutely smashing when paired with a limey green color. Very tropical indeed!

MAC Electric Coral is one of those pigments that I actually do use as a blush(really light handed mind you!) and I also mix it with a nude lipgloss to make a great coral lippy. This really is one of my favourite pigments in the summer to use.

Alas, MAC Electric Coral is a Pro Store only pigment and that means you can only get it from a Pro Store.
If you are ever in a Pro Store, I highly suggest asking for a sample
______________________________________________________

Orange Love Affair: Orange Eyeshadows

As much as I love blush and am a notorious blush fiend, my favourite orange makeup item has to be orange eyeshadow. I love how orange makes blue eyes pop! I can't help but smile when I see a great orange based eye shadow!


Photobucket
Bare Escentuals Citrus Twist looks so bright in the pot, but on the eye it's just beautiful! It's a light peachy orange/coral with a bit of shimmer that just lights up your eye. Definitely one of my faves.  I tend to rediscover my Bare Escentual shadows in the summer. I find that they are great for one shadow looks.
When blended they somehow give some dimension, change colour and look like you put more work into your look than you really did.

MAC Paradisco I got in one of the Hello Kitty Palettes. It's a frost and is a gorgeous peachy orange that again makes you look well rested. Only problem with it is that the payoff isn't that great.

Photobucket

MAC Evening Aura I picked up at a CCO in Seattle. It was from the Neo Sci-Fi Collection. It's a warm peachy orange-almost apricot I'd say-with some shimmer in it. Looks great when paired with a bronze shadow in the crease.

MAC Arena is a seriously underrated MAC eyeshadow in my opinion. It's a beautiful peachy tan colour with a great sheen and goes on smoothly. It's a great colour for a natural look. If you don't have MAC Arena, I suggest checking it out.

I don't often buy Quads form MAC Collections as I find that they are kind of pricey. But the Leopard Luxe Quad from the Fabulous Felines Collection had colours that I really liked, including an orange. It's a great orange pumpkin shade called Style Predator.

PhotobucketPhotobucket





Photobucket



Lastly are my two orange based paint pots, MAC Coral Crepe and MAC Rubenesque.  Both of these are great to layer an orange shadow on top of to really bring out the orange tones. They also look great under brown shadows to make them a bit more coppery. And, they both look great on their own too.


That's it! My orange eyeshadows all together in one post.

What orange eyeshadows do you love that I should check out? Let me know!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment