Tuesday, June 28, 2011

more glitter reviews

Glitter Base Showdown!

Tonight I did a little poll on Twitter and Facebook… I asked everyone to tell me which glitter base they would want to use, out of the following:
glitterbases.jpg

Now before we get into the results, here are the contenders:
  1. Eyekandy Liquid Sugar
  2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance
  3. Too Faced Glitter Glue
  4. LA Splash Splashproof Sealer

The overwhelming winner was #4, LA Splash Splashproof Sealer. Too Faced Glitter Glue also had a lot of love, followed by Eye Kandy Liquid Sugar, and finally, joking votes for Too Faced Shadow Insurance (I know, it’s not really made to hold glitter, but I figured it was worth a shot!)
Each of the (real) glitter bases have very different applications and textures as well:
liquidsugar-1.jpg
Eyekandy Liquid Sugar is similar to MAC’s mixing medium, in the sense that it is a water based liquid. You can mix the glitter in with the Liquid Sugar, or saturate a brush and dip the brush into the glitter. I find the second way works best, as mixing it with the glitter tents to make it clumpy.
glitterglue-1.jpg

Too Faced Glitter Glue Is basically a thicker, stickier version of Shadow Insurance, It doesn’t dry down as quickly, and definitely gives something for glitter to grab on to. With this base, I applied it on my hand, then patted the glitter on top.
lasplash-1.jpg
LA Splash Splashproof Sealer comes in a tube similar to lipgloss or how some shadow primers come. It’s consistency is like a thinned out gel, and applies with a doefoot applicator. I applied this the same as Too Faced Glitter Insurance- Applied to my hand, and then patted glitter on top.

Something else I found interesting: I decided to see how well the glitter would lase if i rubbed a finger over each base after applying glitter. By FAR, LA Splash held on to the glitter better than the rest. Too Faced Glitter Glue did a decent job, and Liquid Sugar didn’t hold at all.


http://www.xsparkage.com/?p=2331

No comments:

Post a Comment