Tuesday, June 28, 2011

not my own source

Review: Too Faced Shadow Insurance

by Tine on July 24, 2008
Now next to my nose, another very oily part of my face is, oddly enough, my eyelids. Come afternoon, and my eyelids would be oil slicks. I don’t understand why the area generates so much oil and sebum though. Eye shadows will crease on my peepers, no matter how good quality they are. One evening, I wore the NARS Habanera to a party, and 8 hours later, all the pigments slid of my lids and gathered in a thick, 1mm crease. I didn’t realise this until I went to the restroom. I had to use a tissue to remove all the eyeshadow because compared to the yucky thick crease line, I’d rather not have any eye shadow at all.
I’ve heard a lot about Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance eye primer on beauty blogs, and how it’s comparable to the uber popular Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP). As the latter is not available here, I decided to try out the Shadow Insurance. And honey, it was love at first sight.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Description:
Your full-coverage insurance policy against all fading, creasing, melting, blurring, oil-slicked and hard-to-blend eye shadow accidents. Our silicone-based eyeshadow primer transforms any eye shadow into a perfectly blendable, color-drenched, intensified version of its self, then locks it down perfectly until you take it off. Our skin soothing formula evens out the skin tone on your lids and smoothes outlines while it secures a barrier between the oils of your skin and your makeup, so no shadow catastrophes will ever happen again.
Benefits:
Vitamin E – Conditions, soothes and calms the delicate eye area.
Unique Binders – Volatiles lock down eye shadow pigments for amazingly long wear.
Tocopherol – Anti-aging, antioxidant moisturizer.
Versatility Galore – Use with powder or cream eye shadow products.
Reliable Beauty – Anti-creasing formula holds eye products in place.
Concentrated – The size of a rain drop covers the entire lid.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Opened
I’ve tried Bloom’s eye base, which didn’t work on my oil-slick peepers. I wasn’t sure if this would work either, but I just gotta try. And thank God I did, because this worked fantastically on my oily lids. It provided a very matte coverage on the eye lids, and made application of eye shadow smooth and easy. My eye shadows lasted many hours without the yucky crease lines. To me, who has had oily eye lids for so many years, it was like magic.
Sometimes I even use this WITHOUT eye shadow on. Seriously, my oily lids made it look as though I was crying at times. Yep, it’s that bad.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Swatch
You only need so little of the eye primer per eye to work that magic. Blend it well on your eye lids using your ring finger (it has the least strength of all your fingers, and best to use when applying anything on the eye area. This includes eye creams as well) and let it sit for a minute or two before you apply your eye shadow. This is going to last me ages since I’d only need so little each time.
Since I’ve never tried the UDPP, I cannot tell you which one is better. But for this to work wonders on super oily eyelids with no crease at all with eye shadows, this is one heck of a product.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance is available at Kit Cosmetics counters or boutique at Myer or Chapel Street respectively. It costs AUD30. If you’re in the US, lucky you; it’s only USD17, and you can get it at Sephora.
What I like about it: Like? Dahlink, it’s LOVE. It got rid of the oilies on my eye lids and made my eye shadows creaseless. It’s beautiful, I tell you :p
What I did not like about it: Why is it bloody (almost) twice the price in Australia?! Sigh.



http://www.beautyholicsanonymous.com/2008/07/review-too-faced-shadow-insurance/

No comments:

Post a Comment