Friday, May 27, 2011

Love the WNW palettes all so good!

Smitten With Wet ‘n’ Wild Icon Eyeshadows

by Kristine on July 24, 2010
Post image for Smitten With Wet ‘n’ Wild Icon Eyeshadows Happy Friday!
It’s a beautiful Friday afternoon here in Southern California, and as I sit here sipping my triple grande soy latte, I can’t help but think about the Wet ‘n’ Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows that I picked up a few days ago.
Imagine that for less than the price of a triple grande soy chai latte concotion that you order in the morning, you can have a palette of buttery smooth, pigmented, neutral eyeshadows that blend effortlessly and last all day…
Look no further than your local drugstore for the Wet ‘n’ Wild Icon Eyeshadows.  For less than $5, these will be the biggest bang for the buck eyeshadows you will ever get your paws on.
I have to admit, I was skeptical about the quality of Wet ‘n’ Wild…  I mean, after all, we all remember Wet ‘n’ Wild and their $1 lipsticks and eyeliners from our childhood days..  well, at least I do.  The first lipstick I ever purchased(ever!) came from Wet ‘n’ Wild, and for some reason I picked out the brightest, matte, red coral lipstick on the display.  I swiped it on carelessly, in anticipation of a glamorous transformation and the magical qualities of makeup I had heard so much about..  needless to say, my fifth grade self was crushed with the results, not to mention being humiliated and ridiculed with my bozo-esque look lol.
Fast forward more than a decade, and I am happy to announce that Wet ‘n’ Wild has totally revamped their line, and that their quality has improved so much that their eyeshadows have truly surpassed my expectations and more.  They have truly restored my faith in the line(lol), yet what hasn’t changed after all this time are their rock bottom prices.
For less than $5.00, you can pick up a a palette of Wet ‘n’ Wild Icon Eyeshadow palette of 6 coordinating colors that are just so smooth, buttery, and pigmented that you begin to question the price you pay for MAC eyeshadows.
The palette I picked up is called Vanity, and it is a warm palette of neutrals that can handle daytime looks as well as fierce night looks.  All the shades are pigmented, and oh so soft.  No crumbly, chalky drugstore eyeshadows here.  Even the matte shades are ahhmazing.
The matte medium brown shade reminds me of MAC’s Cork… and I have to say that is my favorite shade from the palette.
I also picked up the Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells.  I absolutely adore this palette.  All three colors are shimmery, smooth, and oh so purrdy on the eyes.  They blend effortlessly to create a classic neutral day look, one that I’ve been rocking often lately.
The trio consists of a shimmery ivory lid color, a shimmery medium brown crease color, and shimmery soft highlight color.
here is my 5 minutes eye look that i created with this trio that I wear often to class.
Finally, I believe this is the best $2 I ever spent- the Wet ‘n’ Wild Icon Eyeshadow single in Nutty.  A gorgeous, shimmery, neutral brown taupe, not overly cool or warm.  Pigmentation is wonderfully akin to MAC’s veluxe pearl..  this is one beautiful taupe that is worth every penny I spent on it and more.
As you can see, I absolutely adore these Wet ‘n’ Wild eyeshadows.  I definitely won’t hesitate to check out more from the line, and I’ve heard great things about their gel eyeliner.
Let me know how you feel about these and if there are other products worth checking out from the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment