Monday, July 18, 2011

Wet n Wild Mega Matte Lipstick in Just Peachy

Wet n Wild Mega Matte Lipstick in Just Peachy w/ This Too Shall Glass Glassy Gloss! LOVE!

Wet n Wild Mega Matte Lipstick Just Peachy 903C
&
Wet n Wild Glassy Gloss This Too Shall Glass
Wet n Wild's Just Peachy 903C is a creamy, warm (yellow toned) peachy/coral pink. It somewhat reminds me of MAC Shygirl.. but Shygirl is slightly more muted. The color itself is very pretty and I think would be flattering on any skin tone. It isn't pale where it will wash you out, nor is it too bold for those who are use to wearing nudes. There is no scent to this lipstick. It applies very smooth, with lots of pigmentation. The finish is a satiny matte.

The only downside is the terrible packaging. As you can tell, there are identations on the lipstick from the tube. For some reason, these lipsticks get so messy in the tube. I only used this twice so far (since I purchased it last night) and there are already lipstick marks inside the cap. The lipstick itself is not very secure in the tube. With my other two lipsticks, each time I use them.. the lipstick bullet (is that what it's really called? I heard someone refer to it as that.) separates. So far, this one seems a little secure.. but I'm sure as the week passes.. it won't be secure anymore. Once it does separate.. it's fine to apply.. no problems.. but the inside of the cap gets so messy.. and being it's clear.. it's not cute. Also, for some reason.. these lipsticks only say the actual name of them on the clear packaging that you throw away once opened. The bottom of the lipstick only reads the number 903C. I would have no idea this lipstick is called "Just Peachy" if I didn't read the label before I threw it away.

Anyway, the product itself makes up for the crappy packaging. And being it's $2.99 a tube.. and I always see it for 50% off at the drugstores.. I can't complain much. But C'mon Wet n Wild.. I hope you get enough letters to change the packaging!

As for the gloss.. It's very nice. It's a sheer pink with a golden sheen. The color itself is very sheer.. I wish it was more opaque to be worn alone.. but i'll be pairing this up with any of my nude lipsticks. I love the formula. It's not sticky or thick.. watery or runny. It's the perfect smooth consistency..
 

Top: Just Peachy on my bare lips.
Bottom: Just Peachy with This Too Shall Glass on top!

& a super close up..

Do you own this lipstick or gloss? Love them? Hate them? Post in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment