Monday, July 25, 2011

Lovely Lily

Lilac and Purples Using MAC Eyeshadows and Lovely Lily Pigment



I made a purple look using a pigment I don't think I've ever tried more than once or twice, MAC Lovely Lily pigment. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It is not gritty on the lid, applied very smoothly even when used dry, and it's just a lovely light lilac that went great with the purples used in this look. I also used one of my favorite medium purples from MAC, Shale. It's a beautiful crease color and also a blender color to blend the light and darker eyeshadows.


I also used Shadowy Lady on the outer V and crease, mixed with a tiny bit of Modern Heir.


I used Baby Petals to highlight.


I also used for the first time a combination of MAC Face and Body foundation and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I used two light layers of the Face and Body foundation in C3, set by the MSF Natural in Medium Plus. I am so happy that these are exactly my shades. I can't believe how exactly these shades matched my skintone. Watch out for my review of these two face products soon!


I may be a trifle late on this, but I am loving On A Mission beauty powder blush from the Style Warrior collection. The plummy/berry color fully complements my warm complexion, and I like how it looks dark in the pan but just perfect on the skin. It applies like a dream on the skin, and is not splotchy at all. As with all beauty powder blushes, it gives this alluring subtle sheen that is so hard to resist.


I used the very pretty To Swoon For lipstick from last year's Holiday Adoring Carmine: 3 Lips set.


I used MAC Cremesheen glass in Ever So Rich.

Here's a step-by-step. All products MAC unless otherwise stated.


Apply Bare Canvas paint all over lid and lower lashline. Using a fluffy shader brush, apply Fresco Rose paint pot on the lid.


Using Loew Cornell Maxine's Mop 3/8" brush (or the 239 brush), apply Lovely Lily pigment on the lid dry in patting motions.


Using the 224 brush, apply Shale on the crease.


Using the Sonia Kashuk blender brush, apply Shadowy Lady mixed with a tiny bit of Modern Heir on the outer V. Blend with the 224.





Apply a little bit of Shale to blend gradient colors together.


Add a little bit of Shadowy Lady with the Sonia Kashuk blender brush as needed. Blend with the 224.


Using Stila brush no. 5, apply Baby Petals on the browbone to highlight. Using the Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush, apply Blacktrack fluidline on the upper lashline.


Using the tip of the Essence of Beauty concealer brush, apply Lovely Lily on inner lower lashline, and Shadowy Lady mixed with Modern Heir on outer lower lashline. Rim eye (waterline and tightline) using Victoria's Secret kohl liner in Black Velvet. Apply Revlon self-adhesive falsies in Intensifying. Apply mascara to weave the false and natural lashes together.










FACE:
Monistat gel as primer
MAC Prep + Prime Refined Zone on t-zone
MAC Face and Body Foundation in C3
MAC mineralize skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
MAC Sculpt powder to contour
MAC On A Mission beauty powder blush

LIPS:
Jordanna lipliner in Nutmeg
MAC lipstick in To Swoon For
MAC Ever So Rich cremesheen glass

No comments:

Post a Comment