Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lipstick On The Brain

Hey Girlies!

You may recall a post I wrote over last years Christmas holidays, the very aptly named 'I Miss My MAC Lipsticks', exclaiming my distress at being parted from the bulk of my lipstick collection while I was staying with my family for the Xmas period. Well it's rolled round the Easter holidays now and I'm feeling the same (albeit dramatic) pangs of loss. So what lipsticks did I bring home with me this time?

From L-R: MAC Playing Koi, Hue, Angel, Lady Gaga, YSL Rouge Volupte in Shade #1 Nude Beige and Topshop Lipstick in Coy

MAC Playing Koi is the newest addition to my Lipstick stash, which I got after doing a nice little 'Back To MAC' trip. One of the 5 lipsticks released from MAC Quite Cute, this satin finish lipstick with a nude-peach undertone was the standout of the collection for me. Although the formula is quick drying and difficult to work with, I find that a slathering of Blistex Medicare+ underneath works a treat and reveals a very flattering nude shade for my NW20 skintone. 

You don't need to hear me rave about this one again, you guys already know that I am crazy about MACs Hue lipstick, as you can see from its pretty worn appearance. The perfect beginners nude, that sits in between a nude or a pink, with a nice and juicy glaze finish - stunning!

MAC Angel is one that I have often spoke about, and not in the most positive of tones. But recently I have come around to the idea of this lipstick.  It is a frost finish, which is by far my least favourite MAC formula, however I don't find that this transfers onto the lips too starkly. A mid-tone pink, that looks great paired with NARs Turkish Delight Lipgloss (a supposed favourite pairing of Kim Kardashian) really gives you a lovely pink pout.

The next lipstick is one that I find I go through fits and starts with, and I can safely say that at the moment I am in love with MAC Viva Glam Gaga! It is the brightest colour that I brought home with me and to me it looks great scaled down with very simple makeup. The lustre finish of the lipstick means that it can be worn sheerly as a wash of colour or built up to something a little more - BAM!

I need to do a more in depth review of the YSL Rouge Volupte in Shade #1! I should say that out of all the above this has so far been my most worn of the month. Although this looks quite dusky in the tube, when transferred onto the lips this is much brighter and opaque than it first seems. The creamy formula makes this perfect for summer wear. 

Last but not least, the Topshop Lipstick in Coy. I have never used a lipstick before in this kind of pencil-style set up before, but have always been tempted by the NARS Matte Lip Pencils so this seems like a bit of a compromise ;) Yes the formula is extremely drying and yes it shows up very single minute imperfection in lip texture - but the colour is stunning! A very bright pink/peach that has a slightly more peach base than Barry M's infamous 147 Peachy Pink. If the lips are prepped correctly, this is a great summer colour.

There you have it, the lipsticks that are going to get me through the next 2 weeks before I am reunited with the rest of my collection at Uni. I have to say that ones that I am yearning for the most are bright pinks like MAC's Colourcrafted, Snob and Pink Friday. 

Anybody else in the same boat as me? Or have you just got lipstick on the brain too?

Much Love,
Vivianna x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment