Saturday, July 23, 2011

http://www.berryobsessed.blogspot.com/

Glowing Review = Origins, DIE SLOW = Ulta.com


So if you follow me on twitter you know I have money to burn. I set aside about $1200 bucks just to spend spend spend! (ahem, yea my baby has no idea about it, not even questioning where his new EVO came from lol he makes twice as much as I do so I have NO CLUE how he hasn't figured it out lol but as long as I pay our rent & bills on time he doesn't seem to care = LUCKY ME)

Anyway, I have been SHOPPING! Origins, Mac, Sephora, Nordstrom's, Follica.com & Ulta.com...so lets start out with my review of ulta.com and how I hope they slowly burn in hell!.

So I'm a big hair girl, I love to keep my locks looking nice and I spare NO expensive when it comes to my hair! So I decided to finally order a Sedu 1 1/2 Tourmaline flat iron. They say retail its almost $300, but constantly 'on sale' for $130. So I went to ulta.com and bought that, some Urban Decay, Peter Roth & Two Faced products. The total came to around $300. No biggie! So I PAY for the item...after I put in my credit card number...BOOM the screen asks me to put it in AGAIN!

WTF? I call my credit card company to see if there were any pending debits? YES, from Ulta.com for $317.48. I call Ulta.com and say, "What the hell? You took over $300 from my account but I never received a confirmation of my order or even an acknowledgment saying that I was ever on your site'. After about 15 minutes of trying to find my account. (I swear the girl sounded so blond I could imagine her twirling her hair around her fingers). She said she saw no record that I had ever spent any money.

So I popped a Midol and calmly asked to speak to a manager. What did the manager say? 'Even though our side may not show that you made a purchase, clicking the submit button will always create a 'authorization' and the money will be deducted. The only thing I can tell you is to try again and see if it goes through.'

I shit you not, that is what she said! "So you want me to give you another $300 to HOPE it goes through?" She said 'Well hopefully it does, in the mean time it will take 3-4 business days for your money to be returned to you.' While she's talking? I'm not even really listening, I'm just thinking about how I WISH when I bought my glock they would have given me a license to carry...

So I hang up the phone, after telling her EXACTLY what I thought of ulta.com and how I was going on a mission to let people know the service they can expect to receive when they shop at their site!. Oh well!

So on to a GLOWING REVIEW!

 Origins 'Night-A-Mins' $36, Origins 'Super Charged Moisture' $36


After that experience, I went to origns to stock up on some more moisturizer. I LOVE their line but was sadly dissappointed with the 'Super Charged' Moisturizer (white bottle). I'm naturally oily and this moisturizer left me feeling dry and oily at the same time which is why I only used it at bedtime and NEVER before my makeup!

So I went to their site before going to the store and saw WONDERFUL 5 STAR reviews on their 'High Potency Night-A-Mins' Here is a excerpt from the Origins site...


"Let the hypnotic aromas of nature’s nightcaps summon the sandman. Newly-formulated with extra vitamins (including B-complex, C, E and A), extra minerals and exfoliating extracts, this mega moisture cream fortifies skin’s own nocturnal nature to help it repair damage done by day and rebuild itself to face tomorrow. Worn out cells are gently released to reveal brighter, more youthful texture and tone. Skin awakens rested, renewed and richly replenished. How to use: Sweep over face and throat at bedtime."

This stuff is amazing! I just used it for the first time 30 minutes ago and I am SUER impressed! It was a thick creamy texture (a little goes a long way) it went on Matte and stayed matte! I don't have that dry, pinched feeling to my face and not ONE drop of oil or shininess! I am unbelievably impressed by this product and highly recommend it to anyone who has a very oily face before washing and a very dry and pinched face after washing. I'd definitely go out and get this product!
Hi Kids,

So I promised my beautiful twitter ladies that I would post my daily & weekly skin care regimen and the wonderful makeup products I use to keep face looking flawless! And of course I jog and do sex aerobics to keep my body bangin! But I’m not going to give a tutorial on the last part…hehehe….

So let’s start with the face…shall we?

Daily Face Regimen

 
Origins ‘Mint Wash’ $26, Juice Beauty ‘Blemish Clearing Serum’ $29, 
Origins ‘White Tea Skin Guardian’ $45

Exactly in that order. I wash my face and then I use the blemish clearing serum because it is an EXCELLENT mattifier! I don’t have a blemish problem but around 2pm? I’m oilier than a bucket of fried chicken! I so LOVE my Origins line! I have experienced such a change in my skin! Especially since I started using the ‘White Tea Guardian’ it basically protects your face from harmful outside elements such as smoke, pollution and other nasty things that can cause premature aging. I swear buy this stuff! But at $45? It BETTER work! And it does!


Origins ‘Brighter By Nature – Brightening Peel $55

Is similar to an acidic peel but cheaper. This bottle of 40 pads will run you around $50 but it’s so worth it. Week by week I literally see years fade away from my face. At least it seems that way. My pores have shrunken, I have a healthy glow to my skin and I’m able to retain moisture longer than I ever have before. I use 1 pad once weekly.

These last two weekly products are two masks that I alternate on a weekly basis, both are excellent and will run you about $30 each I believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment