Tuesday, August 2, 2011

UDPP Professional Size

Supersize Your Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion with New PROFESSIONAL Size





 
urban decay eyeshadow primer potion professional size review
I pictured card-carrying members of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion cult dancing around the ceremonial bonfire when I heard about the new Eyeshadow Primer Potion Professional Size ($29).
For an extra $11 dollars, you get more than twice as much product as the regular size. Yes, the new 0.85 oz tube works out to about $34/ounce, versus the original 0.34 oz bottle at $53/ounce. Both still sound like a lot, but the larger bottle is clearly a better deal, especially if you wear the product daily (as many women do).
If you’re new to the stuff, Primer Potion’s a nude eyeshadow primer praised for its ability to increase the wear time of other eye products worn on top, and it’s been one of the most talked about eyeshadow primers of the past few years. Gals also use it to prevent/delay shadows from creasing and colors from fading, and it consistently receives high marks from devoted makeup fans.
I’d call myself a fan, but I wouldn’t say I’m a member of the cult.
When it comes to simple eye looks, I like Primer Potion. I use it to lock shadows down and for simple washes of color over the entire lid, but when it comes to more complicated eyeshadow looks with multiple colors and extensive blending, I actually think it makes it tougher to blend away harsh lines.
Instead, for more complex eye looks, I’ll reach for Urban Decay’s Eden Primer Potion, a newer formulation released earlier this year that I find makes shadows easier to blend.
urban decay eyeshadow primer potion professional size review with eden
.34 oz bottle of Urban Decay Eden (left), .85 oz tube of Eyeshadow Primer Potion Professional Size (right)

urban decay eyeshadow primer potion professional size swatch
Swatch of Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on NC35 skin unblended (left) and blended (right)
Anyone else notice how the new tube packaging looks like Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance Primer? It’s bulkier and obviously bigger than the orignal curvy bottle, but I give it props for efficiency. I find it easier to control how much product I use without wasting a drop, and I sure hope they release a version of Eden in the same style packaging.
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: I’m not Primer Potion’s biggest fan, but I do like a good value and the new packaging. If it’s a staple in your makeup kit, you’re in luck. Available now at Sephora and sephora.com. Grade: B/B+

Speaking of Urban Decay…

UD loves pushing out their holiday stuff early, and I’ve been seeing more and more of it online already. This week they released their Urbanglow Cream Highlighters ($24), a new line of multi-purpose cream highlighters for eyes, cheeks and face in four shimmery shades — Brown Sugar (a warm brownish taupe), Moonshine (an iridescent shimmer), Sin (a shimmering champagne) and Wicked (a pinkish shimmer).
I wonder if they’ll work as well as the MAC Cream Color Bases. Hmm…
Last year’s Smoke Out Kits ($34) in Yerba have resurfaced online as well, so if you missed those eyeshadow/primer kits the first time around, you’ll have another chance to stock up. :)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment