Thursday, April 14, 2011

more eyeshadow =D

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Sweet Thing Collection Expert Wear Eyeshadows & Eye Express Cream Shadow Sticks

by Amber on March 23, 2010
With the first day of spring officially past, I feel a lot more comfortable getting into the pretty pastels and soft feminine shades for the season!  Let’s break down the Maybelline Limited Edition Sweet Thing Collection:
Expert Wear Duo Eye Shadows
Pie in the Sky
Goody Plum Drop
Excite-mint
Just Peachy
Eye Express Cream Shadow Stick
Oh My Meringue
Touch of Toffee
A La Mauve
Lovely Lilac
Frosted
Minty
I wish I had photos of all of them for you, but here’s Minty and Lovely Lilac:
I have to give major credit to these Cream Shadow Sticks, the two that I tried were incredible.  Most of the drugstore cream sticks I’ve bought have been so creamy that they slip slide around on my eyes–rendering them pretty much worthless.  These were AWESOME.  They had a nice color payoff and are pretty long lasting!  I will definitely be tracking down a few of the other colors, I think I have to have Touch of Toffee.  As far as the shadow duos are concerned, I was really surprised at the textures.  I didn’t think they were chalky, and even though the pigments aren’t as strong as they could be–for the price I think it’s a good value.  I found all of the shades easy to work with and blend, with Just Peachy and Excite-mint getting my top votes.  I definitely recommend an eyeshadow primer with the duos, or even just add on a few swipes of the Cream Shadow Stick of your choice to wear as a primer like I did here:
I used the Minty shadow stick on my eyelid for primer, then applied the Excite-mint shadow duo.  For fun, I applied the Lovely Lilac cream shadow stick to my top and bottom lash lines as well as the inner corner.  Using the shadow sticks as primer really gives the shadows staying power and makes them pretty crease-proof for hours.
Do you own any of these?  They’re limited, so if you see anything you like out there, try to pick them up!  Some of the displays at my CVS still had a few $1 off coupons for Sweet Thing so that makes it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment