Saturday, April 9, 2011

L.A. Colors

  • L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in EP22 Tease Review

    Chapter 203 - Quick Review

      
    I think is probably the best eyeshadow palette from L.A. Colors. Well with all the ones that I have is this is the best. First of all, it has ingredients listing at the back of palette. Some people might give a thought why ingredient listing is so important when reviewing a product. It is totally important especially for people who comes with sensitive skin types. They will be able to identify what ingredients that they are allergic to or some people who already know what they are allergic with. For me, I'm really lucky that I have any allergy towards make-ups yet except that the fact I have to be picky on foundations to see whether they are non-comedogenic. Anyways, let's get back to the product review.

    I love that they are so pigmented! Even with the flash on, you can tell how pigmented are they. It is a little shimmery and has a very very mild baby powder smell. Easy to blend and it can be multipurpose (eg. eyeshadow/highlighter/blusher). It flakes a little when picking up using make-up brush. It comes with low quality double ended sponge applicator. It's going to be my disposables.


    The only flaw that I found is one of the pan was chipped and my palette was a little difficult to open. The fact that I saw the pan was chipped made me wonder if the QC department actually does their job. But luckily the defect of the pan doesn't affect the eyeshadow. It did not crack or anything else. It's still in good shape.

    PROs:
    Very pigmented and shimmer
    Easy to blend
    Multipurpose (eg. eyeshadow/highlighter/blusher)
    Ingredients listing provided

    CONs:
    Flakes a little
    Very very mild baby powder smell
    Low quality sponge applicator
    Pan chipped and difficult to open

    My rating: 4.5/5

    Stay Beautiful Always,
    ♥ Traclyn Yeoh
    _________________________________________________________________________________

  •  
     
    jump to navigation

    Swatches and Reviews – LA Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palettes Friday, June 13, 2008

    Posted by kittylamour in Cometics, Reviews.
    Tags: , , ,
    trackback
    Available from: Cherryculture.com, Ebay, various drugstores in US and Canada
    I first saw these palettes on Nessasary Makeup when the lovely Vanessa did a look using the ‘Tease’ set (which was also called Pixie at some point). Inspired by the colours, the price, and Vanessa’s reviews, I ordered 6 sets – Tease, Enchanted, Wildflower, Fabulous, Unforgettable, and Tea Time.
     



    *Bigger images are available to view in my Photobucket – http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn46/kittylamour/ without the size constraints of WordPress*
    So, what did I think..?

    Pros: The price for a start. At $3.99 for five colours, you’re not exactly breaking the bank. Most shades are highly pigmented so you don’t need to use a lot, and as such the colour pay-off is really good. As the name suggests, the colours are all metallic which is great if, like me, you’re not a big fan of mattes.
    Cons: The texture of most of the colours is a little hinky – almost waxy. As such they need to be applied with a sponge applicator or even a finger (I used my pinkie finger for the swatches) otherwise the coverage is uneven and it tends to ‘sit’ on top of the skin. Also, some of the colours are a bit repetitive – the Enchanted set, which is all greens, doesn’t really contain enough variety. The colours are so similar that you don’t even get much option to colour-highlight-shade. One or two of the paler shades, such as the pink and the white in Unforgettable may also be a bit too frosty, leading to a big of a 1980s look!
    Overall: Great product, if you pick the right sets. Tease and Wildflower both have fantastic colours, and I have also seen swatches of the ‘Soiree’ and ‘Mesmerize’ sets that look quite good, but I’m not so sure about Enchanted or Unforgettable. Also, if you’re into using brushes to apply your eye products, like me, it’s a bit of a pain to have to use sponge applicators (the sets come with a double ended wand but – d’oh! – that means only 4 sides to use, and these palettes contain 5 colours). I’d definitely re-buy Tease, especially at such a low price, but I’d say stick to the bright colours rather than the pale and neutral shades unless you want to look like an extra from a Duran Duran video :)
     
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment