Thursday, March 17, 2011

another favorite brand of mine..not my photos name of user on post.

Monday, February 07, 2011, 9:31:56 PM | SasquatchSwatch@gmail.com (Kristina)Go to full article
Hi friends! I picked up the three new Wet ‘n’ Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palettes for $5 each at Walgreens last night. This is part three of a series of posts for each one – enjoy! This review is for Comfort Zone (I saved the best for last!).

I have numbered the shades in each palette so I can refer to them separately, since the individual shades don't have names. You can click on any picture to view it at full size. First, here are some product pictures:



And here are the swatches (all done over Urban Decay Primer Potion)!




Finally, here are my thoughts on the individual shades:
  1. Buttery, shimmery gold.
  2. Shimmery light copper - almost the color of a brand-new penny.
  3. Warm, shimmery light bronze. Reminds me of MAC Tempting.
  4. Very dark plum (or is it brown?) with multi-colored, warm-toned shimmer.
  5. Light, shimmery, golden taupe. Beautiful.
  6. Bright, shimmery, olive drab green. Also beautiful.
  7. Dark chocolate brown infused with tons of gold and bronze shimmer. This is like Dior Czarina Gold nail polish in eyeshadow form!
  8. Shimmery rust with a strong light blue/lavender flash. I have no idea how to wear shades like this! I've heard this is a dupe of MAC Club, but I haven't seen Club in a long time, so I can't confirm or deny that. However, I can confirm that it is the same shade as the bottom left shade in the Wet 'n' Wild Night Elf palette from their Holiday 2010 collection.
Overall, I think this is a fabulous palette. The pigmentation was perfect on every single shadow - there were no disappointments. It blows my mind that this is only $5; I’d gladly pay $5 each just for the shades I labeled #s 1, 3, 5, and 6. I think I may end up getting use out of every shade in this palette! Some of the ones I'm not sure I can pull off, but I plan to give them all at least one try on my eyes. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone – it has a pleasant variety of both cool and warm shades, so everyone should be able to find something in it they like.

I hope you enjoyed my little mini-series on these palettes! :)

Wet 'n' Wild 8-Pan Palette: Petal Pusher

Monday, February 07, 2011, 9:13:26 PM | SasquatchSwatch@gmail.com (Kristina)Go to full article
Hi friends! I picked up the three new Wet ‘n’ Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palettes for $5 each at Walgreens last night. This is part two of a series of posts for each one – enjoy! This review is for Petal Pusher.

I have numbered the shades in each palette so I can refer to them separately, since the individual shades don't have names. You can click on any picture to view it at full size. First, here are some product pictures:



And here are the swatches (all done over Urban Decay Primer Potion)!




Finally, here are my thoughts on the individual shades:
  1. Chalky white-pink with a fuchsia flash. Low pigmentation.
  2. Soft neutral medium purple with gold shimmer. High pigmentation (no, that's not a typo - it's just hard to tell in the pictures). BEAUTIFUL. Pictures do NOT do this justice!!
  3. Cool-leaning, shimmery, vivid violet. High pigmentation. Again, BEAUTIFUL.
  4. Cool violet with silver sparkle. Medium pigmentation.
  5. Cool, frosty, baby pink. High pigmentation. I'm not kidding or exaggerating when I say this is the prettiest pink eyeshadow I have ever laid eyes on. You just can't tell how gorgeous it is in these pics! Ugh.
  6. Neutral wine with burnished-gold (almost copper) shimmer. Low pigmentation.
  7. Matte dark chocolate brown infused with tons of multi-colored shimmer (pink, purple, copper, and probably other colors too that I just can't see right now). High pigmentation. Stunning.
  8. Matte black with silver shimmer. Medium pigmentation. Note that this is not the same as #8 in Blue Had Me At Hello - that one has larger sparkle particles, whereas the shimmer in Petal Pusher's #8 is more fine - you're unlikely to experience the same fallout I experienced with #8 in Blue Had Me At Hello.
Overall, I think this is a great palette. It blows my mind that this is only $5; I’d gladly pay $5 each just for the shades I labeled #s 2, 3, and 5. I don’t see myself using all these shades and I like to keep my stash minimized, so I will probably end up depotting this and keeping maybe half the shades in another palette. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone – it has a pleasant variety of both cool and warm shades, so everyone should be able to find something in it they like. I think that especially if you're not into dupe-hunting, this one is pretty special; I can honestly say "I don't have anything else like this" for almost every shade in this palette! And I think I will get a lot of use out of those pink and purple shades. :)

Wet 'n' Wild 8-Pan Palette: Blue Had Me At Hello

Monday, February 07, 2011, 6:51:21 PM | SasquatchSwatch@gmail.com (Kristina)Go to full article
Hi friends! I picked up the three new Wet ‘n’ Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palettes for $5 each at Walgreens last night. I plan to do a series of posts for each one (and will hopefully get them all done today) – enjoy! This review is for Blue Had Me At Hello.

I have numbered the shades in each palette so I can refer to them separately, since the individual shades don't have names. You can click on any picture to view it at full size. First, here are some product pictures:



Here is a close-up of the top half of the palette, since I had trouble getting those colors to show accurately in the full-size product pictures:


And here are the swatches (all done over Urban Decay Primer Potion)!





Finally, here are my thoughts on the individual shades:
  1. Neutral shimmery highlight color – not quite silver, not quite gold, not quite white. Low pigmentation.
  2. Cool medium silver. High pigmentation. I don’t have it in my stash anymore to do a comparison, but this reminds me a lot of MAC Electra.
  3. Matte dark navy with subtle blue sparkle. Medium pigmentation, but notably soft/smooth for a matte-based color.
  4. Matte black. Medium pigmentation. I don’t have it in my stash anymore to do a comparison, but I would say this is similar in color and feel to MAC Carbon.
  5. Pale, shimmery baby blue – almost a light seafoam green, but leans slightly more blue than that. Medium pigmentation.
  6. Bright shimmery teal. High pigmentation. While this is not an exact dupe of MAC Parrot (Parrot is bluer and a little more complex-looking), I do believe this is the closest match you’d find to Parrot that’s available in drugstores today. It’s also softer and therefore more pigmented/easier to apply than Parrot is – two points for Wet ‘n’ Wild!
  7. Shimmery navy blue. Medium pigmentation. I’ve heard this could be a dupe for MAC Deep Truth, and I don’t have that one to do a comparison. From what I remember of it, though, I think Deep Truth is more of a cobalt blue, whereas the Wet ‘n’ Wild shade is a darker navy. Nevertheless, I’d bet this is the closest dupe to Deep Truth available in drugstores today.
  8. Matte black with silver sparkles. Medium pigmentation. Reminds me of MAC Black Tied. Be sure to do your eye makeup before your face makeup if using this shade – you will definitely experience some fallout. I could see little silver sparkles floating their way off my arm down to the floor as I applied the shadow for this swatch!

Overall, I think this is a great palette. It blows my mind that this is only $5; I’d gladly pay $5 each just for the shades I labeled #s 2 (silver) and 6 (teal). I don’t see myself using all these shades and I like to keep my stash minimized, so I will probably end up depotting this and keeping maybe half the shades in another palette. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone – cool and neutral-toned folks could get use out of every shade, and warm-toned folks could still get use out of at least a few of the shades (#6, all the darker shades, and maybe #1 – it’s still worth it even if just for #6, though!).

P.S. Thanks for all the sweet emails encouraging me to keep blogging. I love you all, too! :) My job has been keeping me very busy, so a lot of the time I’m too tired to write when I get home, but I’m going to try to integrate blogging back into my routine again – we’ll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment